Support the Mayrent Insitute
The Mayrent Institute for Yiddish Culture provides unparalleled access to the world of Yiddish culture through education, scholarship, and historically-based programming. Since its founding in 2010, the Mayrent Institute has hosted concerts, workshops, lectures, and symposia dedicated to the preservation and study of Yiddish life in America. A gift to the institute allows us to continue making the rich history of Yiddish music and culture available to future generations.
The Mayrent Institute is part of the College of Letters & Science at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, but we rely primarily on endowments, grants, and private donations to sustain our mission. We are a nonprofit organization, and donations to us are tax-deductible.
By the Numbers
- 8-10 events per year
- Annual symposium
- 1,106 78rpm recordings digitized, cataloged, and available online for streaming
- 6,919 78rpm recordings remaining to be cataloged
- $120 can digitize and catalog a 78rpm recording
- $250 allows us to add recordings to the Mayrent Collection
- $500 helps underwrite one of our Sound Salons
- $1000 supports our annual symposium