Josh Horowitz is a prolific performer and an accomplished composer, theorist, and teacher. He’s coming to Madison’s A Biselle KlezKamp for the first time in 2014.
1. Tell us about your work and interests.
My work involves performing and creating music. Specifically, I have researched Yiddish music for years, and write about it as well as compose new works.
2. What’s your favorite new project right now?
The Chamber opera I’ve composed, Lilith The Night Demon.
3. What kinds of classes will you teach at A Biselle KlezKamp?
Dance tempo music performance, especially accordion.
4. What do you do when you’re not teaching at KlezKamp?
Play tennis, compose, write essays.
5. You’ve been to Madison before. What’s your favorite thing about visiting?
The lovely people and surroundings,
For complete information about A Biselle KlezKamp 2014, go here.